Saturday, May 7, 2011

Perfect?

      Seems like this saying is kind of overused, but at the same time, it really helps me. "Every day is a new day." I don't know about you, but I screw up on a day-to-day basis. And, I'm not trying to put myself down, or throw a pity party, or anything like that. But, I just have those issues that plague me each day. Like, spending time social networking when I need to be doing homework or putting something off until the last possible minute, that kind of stuff. Some days I'm just plain crabby. Some days something just goes horribly wrong and I just want the day to be over. There are even days when I mess something up really bad and just want to crawl in a hole. What's awesome is I can wake up the next day to a brand new morning.
      I think that's why God made morning and night. He knew we would need that pause, that time to shut down and start again. A new day, a new chapter, an new story. A blank page we could right on. Doesn't have any mistakes.
      I need to make something crystal clear. When I bemoan the fact that I screw up, that we all screw up, even in the little things each day. I'm not trying to say that we need to live our lives perfectly, or that I even want to. I'm just saying that when those little, or big, mistakes are made, every day is new! It's fresh! It's clean! And, really, every minute that we move forward in our lives is a new minute. Every second is a new second. We choose what we do with them.
      Again, I don't sit there worrying and stressing because I "want to get this right" or I "need to do the best I possibly can with this moment." That's called a self-made prison. If I had that attitude, I would be dead by the time I was thirty, because I would be so stressed out trying to get my life perfect. I have no desire to be perfect. I know people who get so hung up on "trying to get it right." They are some of the most unhappy, stressed-out, (and yeah, I'll say it) pathetic people I know. It's sad to take it upon yourself to make your life perfect. Bad. Bad pookie. lol I think it's better to just chill out and live. But, not saying we should just do whatever we feel like doing and just not caring how life turns out. NO! Even though I don't want to be perfect, I want my life to be awesome. I want to make choices that will make me better off, because they are right. I just know perfection isn't an option. Doesn't mean you don't need to care. Doesn't mean you don't try at all.  
      I have a desire to live. Just existing doesn't cut it for me. I want to try, to explore, and to develop my abilities and knowledge. I want to conquer things in my life that aren't good for me. But, it takes time, and I'm not stressed about it. It's a good thing to move forward in who we are. We were meant to grow and become better. Just remember, we aren't meant to be perfect, so don't expect yourself to be. David Archuleta has this cool song about waking up one day and realizing you haven't changed since you were a kid. You're still doing the same things and having the same attitudes in life. You're still the same as you were years ago. And, that's not a good thing.
       So, to sum this whole thing up:
       1) Every day is new!! Fresh! We can start again with a new day.
       2) Every moment is new! Fresh!
       3)We aren't meant to be perfect, (and I, for one, wouldn't want to be)
       4)We need to chill out and just live.
       5) Move forward, grow, change. Don't stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment